Q: A rotational sound i cant figure out

My car started doing this a while ago but i have not had time or fund to fix it and so i now have the funds and somebody who rode with me said it a wheel bearing so it sounded like the right front had the problem i replaced the whole kuckle and bearing and the noise is still thier....tou dont hear it ti your over 25 mph when your doing between 35 to 60 its a loud noise like a scrape or like a growling whoop noise i i cant realy describe the sound its deffently a rotational sound so i dont know what it could be never had any problems and it started soft and has gotten loud now...if somebody can tell me what is the problem that would be great..its driving me crazy this is not the awd model either. Once you get passed 65 mph its so high you cant hear it or its not doing it so im lost i hope somebody can help

Hello. This can be caused by a few things. I usually check the tires first as any uneven tread can cause a noise like this. If any of the tires are questionable I rotate the tires to see if the noise changes. If it does then I replace the tires. If the tires are fine, then I get the car in the air and spin each tire to listen for the noise. Some of the time, I will even drive the vehicle in the air to see if the noise still occurs.

If it does, then it is coming from the front. If not, then it may be from the rear. If the bearings themselves are fine, then most of the time this is caused by a failure in the output bearing of the transmission. You would then need to have the transmission disassembled and repaired. In some cases, even a bad CV axle can cause this so I check these also. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise.