Q: I changed out my crankshaft position sensor and distributor cap and rotor and car still won't start everything else is fine

Im wondering if I need to change the camshaft position sensor as well

A: Hi there. In many cases, a bad or failing c...

Hi there. In many cases, a bad or failing camshaft position sensor can cause an engine to stall or not ignite. However, there are other issues that could be going on with your Volvo L5 that may contribute to the starting issue. Before you spend more money on buying and replacing parts that might not be the precise source; contact a local mechanic to complete a engine is not starting inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the exact source of your starting issues, so the right repairs can be made.