Q: Power Steering issues for 2010 Ford Focus

Why does the power steering pump volcano fluid out of the reservoir. I've replaced the Power Steering Pump with a New one and replaced the power steering pressure Lines as well. All parts are new.

Hi Dustin. Thanks for contacting us today. The power steering system is a hydraulic unit, meaning that it needs to be fully secure with no air bubbles or areas to allow pressure to build. If you are checking power steering fluid while the engine is running, then any trapped air bubbles will cause pressure to build and cause the symptoms you’re describing. If the cap is secure and power steering fluid is spilling from the cap, then it’s likely that the cap is damaged and needs to be replaced. Regardless, the root issue is air trapped in the lines. I’d recommend bleeding your system a few times, double checking all hose connections and seeing if this resolves your problem.

3. Power Steering issues for 2010 Ford Focus