Q: A diagnostic test showed an issue with the fuel pump of my 2008 chevy Colorado; should I replace it?

The check engine light came on yesterday. A diagnostic test showed an issue with the fuel pump. I understand that replacing the gas cap will often fix the issue. The truck otherwise runs great. It also has less than 92,000 miles, and had a full engine replacement at 79,000. Should I replace the gas cap, or the fuel pump?

3. A diagnostic test showed an issue with the fuel pump of my 2008 chevy Colorado; should I replace it?