Q: 2006 Chevrolet cobalt wont start.

My 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt wont start. The windows and radio wont work. I was on the road and my car just shut down and wouldn't start, and the windows and radio stopped working. The only things that kept working and continue to work are the lights and the windshield wipers.

These symptoms sound much like that of a failed alternator. The alternator is responsible for running all the electronics in your vehicle while the engine is running as well as charging the battery for the next startup. If the alternator fails, the electronics will begin to work off of the battery. When the battery charge drops to a certain point (due to the alternator not charging it) certain systems that draw too much power are shut down to keep the engine running. I would recommend having your alternator tested and replaced if necessary. Consider YourMechanic as a certified professional can replace your alternator at your home or office.

3. 2006 Chevrolet cobalt wont start.