Q: Q: Wont start

Truck won't start unless i put gas in throttle then goes 2 miles then have to do it again the fuel pump comes on and gas is getting to the egine but there is a gas smell a code said the o2 sensor is bad but it dont start if it does as soon as I push gas pedal it goes right off please help

Sounds like it’s time to have a mechanic do some diagnostic tests on your Explorer. The fuel pressure at the fuel rail is one test that needs to be done. A thorough visual inspection done by an experienced professional can often quickly locate the cause of the symptoms you are experiencing. Even with a bad O2 sensor it should start.

• Warning: You should not smell fuel and that is a safety concern.
  3. Q: Wont start