Q: Q: Window regulator stopped working

The window regulator on the passenger side suddenly stopped working. When I took it to the dealership I was told they had changed a switch, a motor, and disassembled the whole front door. It took them over 2 weeks to repair it. They claimed that the high humidity levels in our state had killed it. In your professional opinion, do you agree with that?

Hello, there are a variety of causes for the power window regulator to fail. The most likely would be the regulator, switch, and regulator motor. Given that these have been replaced it should take care of the issue.

Humidity can cause extensive damage to vehicles. Modern vehicles have advanced wiring systems and if there is a lot of humidity it can cause corrosion in electrical circuits. This corrosion can increase resistance and burn out circuits. This scenario is possible, but not the norm.

3. Q: Window regulator stopped working