Q: Will not start, clicking noise

When attempting to start, there is a noticeable clicking noise coming from under the hood. Battery is good. Starter is good. I tried both sets of keys. This problem occurred out of nowhere overnight (not very cold out). Thanks for any advice as to what it could be assuming it's not what I have already ruled out.

A: A starter like any other mechanical and ele...

A starter like any other mechanical and electrical part is subject to failing sometimes for no apparent reason. However, sometimes this is misdiagnosed as well and often times mistaken for something much more simple like a fuse or starter relay. The starter relay is a small unit near the starter that directs power to the starter from the battery. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue and noise to determine the solution to get you back on the road.