Q: Why doesnt my car want to crank, and start? Ive been stranded for 4 days please help.

I left a passanger in the vehicle and locked it from the inside. I stated to the passenger to not get out because of the alarm. I left for less than 10 minutes and the passanger got out, the alarm rang until it couldnt ring no more and i did not have time to reach the car to insert the key and disable the alarm. I assumed it was okay because it preceded to unlock the vehicle with the key, stepped inside and inserted the key in the ignition and turn. But my car refuses to crank. The power Starts fine. I can honk the horn lower the windows, turn on the air, heck i bought a new battery thinking it was that. But the car wont crank. In the past when i would insert the key into the ignition, my steering wheel would readjust to my previous settings. And vice versa as i would turn the engine off. But now it doesnt do that. Another curios thing to mention is that my car alarm doesnt work anymore either. I can lock the car+recreate the scene but the alarm does not go off. Pleasehelpbeenstranded.

It sounds like your alarm system is what’s keeping the car from starting. There is generally an immobilizer built into alarm systems, which will prevent the car from being started if the alarm was set off. Try unlocking the car from the passenger side door and from the truck, so see if that helps disengage the alarm cut out. The alarm system may have also failed completely, which could stop the car from starting. It’s hard to say exactly what needs to be replaced without being able to look at it, but I would start by having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the problem with the alarm system, as this is the most likely cause of the no start issue.

3. Why doesnt my car want to crank, and start? Ive been stranded for 4 days please help.