Q: White smoke and a knocking sound after fixing the diesel pump problem

Ok, so I posted a question before about my car not starting and later found out that the diesel pump isn't spraying diesel into the injector, which has now been answered (thank you by the way). Fortunately the car now starts however now when it starts there is a lot of white smoke coming from the vehicle as well as a knocking sound coming from it, could you please advice on what or why you think this may be? Thank you in advance !

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Toyota. If you are getting white smoke and a knocking sound it is most likely coming from the engine fuel injection. It’s either out of timing or flooding the engine with too much fuel. The knocking sound is also due to this same issue. The white smoke you’re seeing is un-burned fuel going out of the exhaust. If you need some help with this repair, consider having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the smoke and sounds for an accurate repair. Good luck.

• White smoke and a knocking sound after fixing the diesel pump problem