Q: while driving a I heard a loud pop that sounded like it came through the speakers, the electrical then went out

While driving my 2014 F150 I heard a loud pop that sounded like it came from the speakers. My electrical dash then went out and reset it self. This has happened about 4 times now. I do have an after market amplifier for subwoofers that was installed professionally about a year ago. Do you think that could be causing the short?

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2014 Ford F-150 to have a pop and the electrical system failing. You did not state whether the electrical issue is just with the accessories or with the entire vehicle. If the problem is just with the interior electronics the most common fault is a shorted wire, poor ground, or a wiring harness fault, all of these issues can be intermittent. If the electronics for the entire vehicle go out then the fault could be with the alternator, battery, battery cables, or a engine wiring harness issue. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your electronic issues and make any repairs required.

• while driving a I heard a loud pop that sounded like it came through the speakers, the electrical then went out