Q: Where is the MAP sensor located I need to replace it? A P0108 code come up twice with in 4 days of using hand held code machine

Nearly 3 weeks ago I went to start my car in the morning, after trying several times to start the car I had the car towed to a local mechanic. The car would spin over but not fire, initial thought was the car was gas starved. The mechanic determined to be the fuel pump and replaced it and also changed the oil as well as oil change was needed. The problem persisted over the next week with the engine light coming on once while driving. I could get it to start but it was rough starting, hesitation and poor idling. When car is running poor gas mileage is very noticeable. 1 week after the mechanic visit I got ahold of a hand held code machine. A P0108 code came up, (MAP sensor) 4 days after driving car and experiencing the same problems I hook up code machine again, the same code came up. I need help locating the sensor so I can replace it as I do not want to take it back to the person who originally fixed the van. Thank you

Hi there. The MAP sensor is almost always located under the intake plenum and is screwed into the intake manifold. The MAP stands for manifold absolute pressure. It is monitoring the air pressure inside the intake manifold and reports this in the form of a voltage reading to the vehicles PCM. The upper intake will most likely need to be removed in order to access this sensor. I would still recommend having this done by a qualified professional as the engine will not run at all if this repair is done incorrectly. If you need help verifying the repair that is needed, or if you would like to move forward with the MAP sensor replacement, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to assist with repair.

3. Where is the MAP sensor located I need to replace it? A P0108 code come up twice with in 4 days of using hand held code machine