Q: when in Driver shift control, how do you know when to shift up or down (at what speed or engine RPM)?

When in Driver shift control, how do you know when to shift up or down (at what speed or engine RPM)?

Shift points depend somewhat on the load on the engine and whether you are going uphill or downhill. Generally, though, you can shift at around 2,000 RPM. The recommended shift points are documented in the printed Owner’s Manual for the vehicle. If you do not have a copy of the Owner’s Manual simply input your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) at Volkswagen’s homepage and you can download a copy. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• when in Driver shift control, how do you know when to shift up or down (at what speed or engine RPM)?