Q: When I turn if on it idles very low

When I turn my pick up on it ldels very slow that it feels like it's going to turn off but when I put it in gear it idlies the same and when it's in parking and I push the gas it idels good

Hello there, many common faults will cause a poor idle on your 1983 Chevrolet S10. Problems that can cause these symptoms are a vacuum leak, idle air valve, fuel pump, spark plugs, coil, plug wires, fuel filter, alternator, or a exhaust leak. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your idle low issues and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running properly again.