Q: When I switch from heat to AC, the heat still blows?

When I turn the switch to AC, it makes no difference. Heat continues. AC compressor is kicking on.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If your heat is ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If your heat is still blowing when the air conditioning is turned on and the compressor is working, then it is likely that the blend door actuator has failed. The blend door actuator is responsible for moving the blend door. The blend door is inside the air distribution system of your vehicle. The blend door is responsible for blocking off the heater core or the evaporator to allow air flow to which ever one is selected. During the air conditioning selection, the blend door should be blocking the heater core to allow cold air to come through the vents. I would recommend having your blend door actuator replaced by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to resolve the issue you are having. If you would like help getting this situation inspected first, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your AC system for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.