Q: When i rev the engine hard, it loses power.

asked by on August 16, 2017

Hello, what could be the cause when i start the engine and press on the throttle hard it withdraws or loses power and sometimes turns off. It only works when i press on the throttle very gently until it revs fully. It also withdraws when i engage the gear and start driving. i cant press on the throttle with force.

This sounds like you are having low fuel pressure or fuel volume getting to the engine. You will need to have the computer scanned for codes and the fuel pressure checked and while accelerating see if the fuel pressure drops due to a clogged filter or low pressure from pump. If it is low pressure or volume then replace fuel pump and filter.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr