Q: burning rubber smell and loud squealing noise but only when pushing the gas pedal?

asked by on June 11, 2017

When I push on the gas pedal it makes a loud squeal and then there is a burning rubber smell? any advice?

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $96.60 - $325.96 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Assuming that you’re not smoking your tires, this type of noise and smell is often associated with a worn out serpentine or drive belt, as the squealing noise is caused by the belt being loose and the smell is the belt burning. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and replace the serpentine belt or complete a car is making a noise inspection to verify the source of this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr