Q: When I first put refrigerant in my car the ac was really cold after 2 days its still cool but not as cold is this normal?

I had a leaking o ring in my cars ac fixed and they put new refrigerant in it. it was coming out really cold as soon as they put the new refrigerant in, and it was like that for the 1st day now the air comes out cool but not as cold as when they first put the refrigerant in. is this normal or is something wrong?

It is possible that since you had a leaking O-ring, not only did the refrigerant leak out, but the outside atmosphere contaminated the receiver/dryer in your A/C system. The job of the receiver/dryer is to absorb any moisture and contamination inside the A/C system. If your o-ring was leaking for a time, the receiver/dryer may need to be replaced. A contaminated receiver/dryer can will effect the efficiency of your A/C system.

It is also possible you may have another leak somewhere in the system. Try to get your A/C system dye tested. They will put a UV fluorescent dye in the system along with the refrigerant. If there is another refrigerant leak somewhere, the dye will come out with it and be visible under UV light.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with your A/C. Good luck.

3. When I first put refrigerant in my car the ac was really cold after 2 days its still cool but not as cold is this normal?