Q: When i cut on my defrost there is a pinging sound that the car makes for bout 15 secs .

asked by on October 31, 2017

When i turn on the defrost or heat in the car the car does s pinging sound that last for about 15 sec.does when the car not on also.Anothetr question latelywhen i at stop in the car or foot on the brake the engine knock or hesitate

The pinging noise may be the a/c mode door actuator motor moving and if it is making a clicking noise then it may be bad and need replaced. For the engine noise this would need to be listened to by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see if it is an internal engine knocking sound. You should check the oil level to make sure it is not low before getting it checked out.