Q: Loose sound coming from underneath the car

There's a noise that sounds like something is loose coming from what sounds to be underneath the car. It happens when there's the smallest of bumps in the road and sometimes when just driving along the road. Also at times the handbrake light will flash on if there's a small bump or going round a tight right hand bend.

Hi there, The loose sound coming from under the car that doesn’t seem to create any problems is most likely the sway bar end links. These links act exactly as you have described. They are fairly cheap and easy to replace.

The flashing brake light is most likely because the brake fluid level is low. The master cylinder reservoir has a sensor that will come on and off when the brake fluid sloshes around while you drive. Simply top it off with the appropriate brake fluid. When fluid becomes low, either you have a brake fluid leak, which isn’t very common, or the brakes are close to being worn out. I recommend having your brakes inspected to be sure.

I recommend setting up an appointment with a professional from YourMechanic to inspect your brakes

Good luck!

3. Loose sound coming from underneath the car