Q: Q: What is wrong with my car?

Live here in Canada, Every cold start of the car, ABS, VSA and traction control lights are on, tried with first gear, seems like rear brakes are working without me touching the brakes and after running it for 15 seconds, smells like burning brakes. The lights goes off if continue running the car. Is it safe? This happened after pressure washing the wheels on the car including the suspension because of snow stuck into it. never happened before. Please let me know.

Hi there. Did you have the parking brake set when you pressure washed? It sounds like the parking brake may have had components frozen from the water being used and could not release the brake. As a suggestion, when using a pressure washer to clean your wheels in a climate as cold as yours, make sure the parking brake is off and drive the vehicle within reason while slowly applying the brakes frequently to heat them up and dry them off. If this does not alleviate the concern, I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and make sure the current brakes are safely operating. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a brake safety inspection.

3. Q: What is wrong with my car?