Q: What is the caused of car temperture gauge keep rising up to the red line?

The car has been running hot off and on. The first time the car was running hot I took it to the dealership I got the car from and they said it was I needed a radiator n I got a brand new radiator n they put that in there. About 2 months or more later it ran to the red again. And I took it back up there and they said I need a thermostat and a temp cooling sensor I bought those new and let them put them in there.. And a week later it ran to the red again. So I wondering why is my car is keep going to the red behind all this work.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The engine itself could be out of tune (a lean misfire for instance will cause the engine to run hot) or the ignition timing could be off. The catalytic converter could be plugged. You could have a head gasket leak into the coolant. The radiator pressure cap could be defective and opening at too low a pressure. The brakes could be dragging and/or the tires are underinflated. The water pump might not be running at engine speed due to a loose belt and/or the pump impeller might be eroded, damaged or loose.The lower radiator hose could be blocked or partially collapsed. The electric radiator cooling fans could be inoperable. There are actually a lot of possibilities and it doesn’t sound like your dealership has been too proficient at getting this resolved. An option for you is to request an overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed for you, once and for all. Once the root cause of the overheating is identified, the mechanic will let you know of the required repair.

3. What is the caused of car temperture gauge keep rising up to the red line?