Q: 2009 Mercedes C300 - Delay in shifting to reverse gear

I have an automatic transmission C300 and I have noticed that when I shift from drive to reverse, there is a delay and a small jolt. Is this expected? If so, could you please help me understand why my car does this?

A: Hello, This is not an uncommon issue. The j...

Hello, This is not an uncommon issue. The jolting when changing gears most likely is an engine or transmission mount that is losing it’s holding strength. With a failed mount, it will allow the engine and transmission to jolt when it is switching directions from forward to reverse. A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose this issue and replace your engine mount if required.