Q: 2009 Mercedes C300 - Delay in shifting to reverse gear

I have an automatic transmission C300 and I have noticed that when I shift from drive to reverse, there is a delay and a small jolt. Is this expected? If so, could you please help me understand why my car does this?

Engine Mount Replacement $115.56 - $1715.27 Get a Quote

Hello, This is not an uncommon issue. The jolting when changing gears most likely is an engine or transmission mount that is losing it’s holding strength. With a failed mount, it will allow the engine and transmission to jolt when it is switching directions from forward to reverse. A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose this issue and replace your engine mount if required.