Q: Engine shakes when fuel is added

asked by on June 24, 2016

When I put fuel into my car, the engine shakes. It was right after I had the transmission serviced. It is also making a knocking-type of sound. A friend suggested that it might be the motor mounts, but I think my car is front-wheel drive (so mounts would be on top and that wouldn’t be the transmission). Is that correct that it’s not the motor mounts and what is your advice for repairing this problem?

Hello! If the rubber bushings and motor mounts are really bad then it could cause a knocking noise. There should also be transmission mounts as well. I suggest to check out the motor mounts and transmission mounts for wear and tear. I recommend having a qualified technician diagnose the noise in person to determine if the noise is related to defective mounts. Once the problem is pinpointed, an accurate repair can be made.