Q: What causes fuel injector fuse to blow in a 2007 Cobalt?

asked by on April 16, 2017

My car keeps blowing the fuel injector fuse. When I replace the fuse and start the car; it will run for a second or two, then quit. I'm sure there's either a short or a faulty device putting extra load on the circuit; just not sure where to look. I've replaced the battery and took out the engine compartment fuse panel. Am I on the right track? Please help!

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Yes, you are absolutely on the right track but to complete the diagnostic job you will need the complete circuit diagram (Factory Service Manual, for instance) because you will have to test all the different segments of the circuit until you come to the fault. You could try to "physically" trace the wiring but that is really difficult because the wiring (and relevant devices) can be pretty hidden. The only way to do it really efficiently is with the wiring diagram. If you desire, you can just request an electronic component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will show you how to do it and you walk you through the whole process, of course resolving your immediate issue. Then, next time an incident like this arises, you can do it on your own. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.