Q: Vibration on the right rear of my vehicle

When driving my SUV 15-40 miles can feel vibrations on the right rear . Today I have drove my truck and all windows down and the noise is coming from the right rear vibration and crushing sound!

The good news is you know which wheel the sound is coming from. Locating which wheel is making a noise is often a challenging task. Unfortunately, it sounds as though you need a wheel bearing. When the noise is this loud, you need to have it replaced sooner than later. It could potentially lock up and spin you while driving.

If it isn’t a wheel bearing, it could be a rock stuck between the brake rotor and the dust shield. This doesn’t seem likely as there wouldn’t be a vibration you can feel. It could be a loose wheel, which, if this is the case, don’t drive the car. Have it towed to a repair shop.

If you’d like to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose the vibrations you’re experiencing and fix it accordingly.