Q: Vehicle intermittently dies when coming to a stop

2006 Suzuki Reno 2.0 D-Tec

Vehicle intermittently dies when coming to a stop. then starts back with no problems. Sometimes it will drive all day without an occurrence.

This may be related to a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. This is a unit that reads the air intake into the fuel injection system as it is mixed with fuel prior to being supplied to the motor. This information is relayed to the computer which then uses this to make adjustments to the fueling of the motor. When this is not working properly, this can result in over fueling or under fueling at low speeds or at idle which often times causes a rough idle or stalling as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your idle air control valve.

3. Vehicle intermittently dies when coming to a stop