Q: Transmission uses oil and engine light is on. Why is it using oil in low and the transmission slips?

THE CAR TRANS WONT SHIFT OUT IF LOW OIL WHAT CAUSE THAT AND WHEN U CHECK THE ENG CODE SAYS TRANS REALLY IS STUCK IN ON POS. AND WHEN U PUT OIL IN IT IT SHIFTS FINE WHAT CAUSES THAT

Hi there. If the transmission oil is low, then the transmission oil filter cannot pick up any fluid and cause the transmission to slip as the clutches are not able to apply. The Low application piston requires a mass amount of transmission fluid to operate the piston to apply the clutch, so it may be more effected when the fluid is low. Check around the transmission and see where the fluid is leaking out of. If there is no leak found, then check the radiator and make sure that the oil is not transferring into the radiator as the radiator may be split inside. If you need further assistance with your transmission slipping, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Transmission uses oil and engine light is on. Why is it using oil in low and the transmission slips?