Q: Upgrading exhaust

I'm wanting to upgrade my exhaust. I have shorty headers, with off road x pipe. I know off roads are illegal. So I'm wanting to upgrade to long tubes, and put on a catted x pipe. I was told this was illegal. Is this true? Please help.

Hi there:

Exhaust regulations and laws are unique for each US state. As such, we’re unable to answer your question accurately since we don’t know where you live. The best thing for you to do is check with your Department of Motor Vehicle to determine if the exhaust alteration you want to complete is legal.

3. Upgrading exhaust