Q: truck wont shift into gear with engine running

asked by on November 29, 2017

when i push the clutch pedal all the way down the truck will not shift into any gear with the truck running and when i start the truck while in gear it lurches foward when my foot is off the break pedal like an automatic

Hi Matt. Thanks for contacting us today. What you are describing is typically an indication of a faulty master cylinder. However, it’s also possible that other clutch components or even the flywheel itself are the sources of your problem. It might be best to seek out a transmission specialist in your city to diagnose this issue by completing an inspection.