Q: Q: Truck won't start.

Truck sat for over a year, winter and summer. Now, won't start. Eng is 6 L turbo-diesel.

Hello. There are a lot of reasons as to why this engine will not start, but most of the time it is related to the high pressure oil system. I would start by installing a scan tool to see if there is 500 psi or more of high pressure oil during cranking. If there is not then it may be due to low oil or it may have developed an internal oil leak. The stand pipe and dummy plugs in the engine will fail over long periods of sitting. It can also be caused by fuel not making it to the engine due to a failure in the transfer pump. This system would need to be diagnosed also, but most of the time this is caused by an oil issue. If you want to have this no start checked out, consider having a YourMechanic certified mechanic come to your home or office to diagnose why the truck will not start.

3. Q: Truck won't start.