Q: Q: Truck will not shift out of park.

Truck is locked in park! and the brake lights do not come on when you press the brakes! Check the fuses for damage, and I bought a brake stop light part from auto zone and still not working.

There are a few things to check. Check fuse #9 carefully. Sometimes fuses look ok from the top but are actually blown. Use a multimeter to ensure the fuse has not gone bad.

Also double check the brake pedal switch for proper operation. Again a multimeter can be used to verify that the switch makes contact when the pedal is depressed.

Based on the information you gave, I do not feel that the shift interlock is faulty because your brake lights do not work either. Finally, check the brake’s electrical circuit for shorts or opens using a multimeter and the factory service manual to determine which wires have power and which wires are supposed to be a ground. If help is still needed, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will have the tools to fully diagnose your truck’s inability to shift out of park.

3. Q: Truck will not shift out of park.