Q: Car shaking when applying brakes and going slow. Check Engine Light is on and engine idles roughly.

asked by on December 21, 2015

Car shakes while braking and at low speeds. The engine is also not idling correctly and the Check Engine light is on.

It sounds like you may have a vacuum leak on your car. Check all vacuum lines and make sure they are in good condition and connected. If you don’t see a leak you can spray some carburetor cleaner on the vacuum lines to determine where the leak is. You will hear the engine stutter when you spray carb cleaner on the vacuum leak.