Q: Truck just stop starting seems to be after driven it like it got hot.

Went to start truck after coming back from the store -- came home in the house maybe 10 minutes- realized forgot something needed to go back out. Truck wouldn't start - had lights etc just would not turn over. ( had no problems previously) came in called parents to borrow vehicle-- decided on way back out to try truck. Started no problem-- I'm worried because I'm getting ready to go on a road trip -- I cannot figure out what this could be? Is it tied to truck being warm??

Hello. Although it is very rare, there are times when a car, truck or SUV will become difficulty to start when the motor is running hot or it’s excessively hot outside. The most common would be the fuel pump, spark plugs, cap + rotor, coil, fuel filter, starter, battery cable, or a wiring harness fault. Since so many different systems can cause your truck not to start it should be diagnosed properly. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your hard to start problem and determine if something requires replacement.

3. Truck just stop starting seems to be after driven it like it got hot.