Q: Truck just stop starting seems to be after driven it like it got hot.

Went to start truck after coming back from the store -- came home in the house maybe 10 minutes- realized forgot something needed to go back out. Truck wouldn't start - had lights etc just would not turn over. ( had no problems previously) came in called parents to borrow vehicle-- decided on way back out to try truck. Started no problem-- I'm worried because I'm getting ready to go on a road trip -- I cannot figure out what this could be? Is it tied to truck being warm??

Hello. Although it is very rare, there are times when a car, truck or SUV will become difficulty to start when the motor is running hot or it’s excessively hot outside. The most common would be the fuel pump, spark plugs, cap + rotor, coil, fuel filter, starter, battery cable, or a wiring harness fault. Since so many different systems can cause your truck not to start it should be diagnosed properly. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your hard to start problem and determine if something requires replacement.

• Truck just stop starting seems to be after driven it like it got hot.