Q: Reverse gear wont work but other gears work.

The reverse gear of my car won't work. But other gears work just fine. I can still drive the car, but it wont go reverse. The O/D light started blinking and sometimes at red light, when I press on gas, the car struggles a bit before it starts moving.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Losing reverse can happen for a wide number of reasons. To simplify things, start with a full inspection. This will include checking the level and condition of the transmission fluid. If it is low or dirty, change it and the filter. If the pressure is not an issue, take a look at the shifter on the back of the transmission. Make sure the shifter cable is in place and firmly connected. The loss of power in the other gears is also a sign that the transmission fluid needs to be serviced. Make sure the transmission is inspected as well as can be when the fluid is changed. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Reverse gear wont work but other gears work.