Q: Truck cranks, but doesn't start, even though battery new.

My truck will crank but not start. I recently replaced the battery.

Hello, for a car to start it needs 4 things, air, fuel, spark and the engine computer. First thing to check is the inertia switch and make sure the button is pushed down. See your owner manual for location. Check to see if the engine control unit is working, turn the key to the run position and see if the check engine light is on. If the light is on, go and turn the key to the start position and while cranking the light should go out. If the Check Engine Light stays on the computer does not see any rpm signal. If this is the case, electrical test will need to be done to determine the cause. If the light goes out, checking for spark and fuel would be next and should be done with caution and both can be dangerous and should be checked with proper equipment like a spark test and fuel pressure gauge. You may need to enlist the aid of a mechanic to diagnose your starting issue.

3. Truck cranks, but doesn't start, even though battery new.