Q: Transmission won't shift until it gets to red line, brake light comes on when it shifts. Started when I power washed it. Go figure

I power washed the transmission and motor and now the transmission won't shift until it gets to the red line 4500 rpms. Was fine before I washed it.

This may indicate a failing speed sensor or that the speed sensor may have been damaged from the water when washing it. The transmission speed sensor is a magnetic sensor that provides information related to the speed of the input and output shafts in the transmission, allowing the transmission to shift smoothly. The sensor counts the internal number of revolutions of the transmission and transmits that information to the transmission control unit, where the data is used to determine the rotational speed. As the rotation increases, the control unit directs the changing of gears. When this is not working properly, this may cause the transmission to shift erratically or in some cases not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Transmission won't shift until it gets to red line, brake light comes on when it shifts. Started when I power washed it. Go figure