Q: Q: Car shutting off while driving

My car keeps shutting off while I am driving. I replaced the battery and alternator. The alternator is still reading as being bad, even though though it is only a week old.

The connections between the battery and alternator need to be inspected. There are also a few ground connections between the battery, engine block, and frame which, should also be inspected.

There is also a chance that you received a bad alternator, or have a blown fuse with a circuit going to the alternator. I would have all of your fuses checked first, then have a professional with a scan tool device further diagnose your issue. YourMechanic can send a qualified technician out to your home or office to investigate your stalling issue, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Q: Car shutting off while driving