Q: Transmission indicator on the dash board does not point to the current position, plus the Tiptronic gear does not always work.

Transmission indicator on the dash board sometimes does not point to the current position, also at then the Tiptronic gear does not work, still I can drive the car and it works well and shifts to all gears, but when the weather is cold enough those issues resolve by itself, and things works like they should.

A: The issues you are experiencing can be ca...

The issues you are experiencing can be caused by a variety of issues. It may be possible that there is some sort of sensor or computer issue.

In certain cases a faulty transmission switch or shift solenoid will cause the symptoms you are experiencing. It may also be possible that the transmission computer is experiencing a problem, as that is what controls the shifting of the transmission.

I would first check to make sure that the transmission fluid is topped off and clean, and then begin investigating the transmission.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can service your transmission fluid and diagnose the issue further if necessary. Best of luck.