Q: transmission

I was driving and my wired melted to transmission. I replaced the wires and now it won't shift out of first gear. I need help figuring out what the problem is

Your transmission may have overheated if it got hot enough to melt wires. Check to make sure the engine coolant and transmission fluids are clean. Make sure you are not getting brown coolant from a leaking transmission oil cooler.

You may have a defective transmission or a control module that got shorted from all the melted wires. Have the engine and transmission scanned and pressure tested to see if the problem is electrical or a mechanical transmission failure.

A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to run these tests and properly diagnose your transmission issue firsthand.

3. transmission