Q: tires shaking with aftermarket rims

I put aftermarket rims on my car recently, and went to the dealership to have them balanced. I'm noticing that they shake when I'm driving 30-40 mph. I know I need an alignment, and front lower control arm bushings. Is there anything else that could be causing the shaking? Once I get those two things replaced, do I need to get another tire balancing?

You should have not have to rebalance the tires after getting the front end work done, but I would recommend having the tires rotated. The shaking may be due to a tire problem and not the suspension issue. Have the tires and rims checked for tire damage and bent rims. I’d recommend having these parts checked out by a qualified mechanic in order to find the source of the shacking you’re experiencing.

3. tires shaking with aftermarket rims