Q: Tiptronic transmission -reverse gear slide 2002 VW Jetta

2002 VW-Jetta 1.8T-Tiptronic automatic transmission problem (only reverse gear) slide, very weak or do not work, especially when engine engine is hot (normal temperature). Sometime is working little better,but mostly not.Please help and tell me truth !.I'm not ''milioner''but if Your answer is ''junkyard''I''ll don't cry,-just get drunk, and never sober !. Thanks !!!!!. Stan B.

Hello - your problem looks like it might be a problem with the valve body of the transmission. Wear within the valve body results in low clutch engagement pressure - forward or reverse - and slippage as you have noticed. The valve body can be repaired or replaced without removing the transmission. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Tiptronic transmission -reverse gear slide 2002 VW Jetta