Q: My truck has a violent shake, rapid onset, massive white smoke, increases shaking with turbo charger pressure increase, and has an error code of p0303.

while driving at 70mph, suddenly truck started shaking violently and blowing huge clouds of smoke which increased as turbo pressure increased, decreased as pressure decreased, minimal but still present at idle. Very hard idle, difficult starting, increased shaking with increased rpms. No engine light came on, code reader shows error P0303 #3 cylinder misfire. No freeze data noted. Injectors replaced aprox 1 month ago. Has had an odd time shutting off over past 2 months where it sputters for a sec after key shut off. Worked fine up to incident. I have aprox 1000 miles on new injectors. I am at a loss. Please help.

Hi there. If you are having a misfire on cylinder number 3 and the injectors are new with the fuel lines cleaned out, then the exhaust valve is burned on cylinder number 3 and needs replaced. This is why there is white smoke in the pipe. White smoke on a diesel engine is unburnt fuel from the misfire. If you need further assistance with the vibration and a misfire on your diesel engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My truck has a violent shake, rapid onset, massive white smoke, increases shaking with turbo charger pressure increase, and has an error code of p0303.