Q: Wont start

The car acts as if it wants to start , but it wont sometimes it'll catch and then shut off again . It alson shoots out black smoke with a burning smell .

You should have the vehicle scanned for codes to see if you have codes to the camshaft or crankshaft sensors. Either of these may cause the no spark condition.

If the fuel pump regulator is bad, then you would not likely have any sensor codes. Have the car’s no start condition diagnosed by a mechanic to see if you need a sensor or the fuel pressure is too high flooding the engine out. Try to hold the throttle wide open and see if you can get it to start. If it does then you may have a bad fuel pressure regulator. Make sure oil is not over filled with fuel.