Q: Timing belt ripped and after weird loud sound

I had been driving for a 20 min and then i stooped and had the seatheater on for a minute if not less and continue driving with the seatheater on ( the car was not cold when starting it and putting the seatheater on)and then suddlenly the stearingwheel became heavy and the screen started telling me that low battery and eps. Then i drove 500 m to park the car and then it started making a weird loud sound and i turned it off. After that i cheked the engine and found it ripped. I have mercides benz w211 e500 2005. What is the damage you think might have happened. There didnt seem to be any extreme issues otherwise, the engine could start after turning my car off, but what is the damage caused by timing belt ripping? Thank you beforehand

A: Good question. I don’t think there was any ...

Good question. I don’t think there was any damage done to your car. Belts break all the time, just put a new one on and it’ll be fine. Your steering wheel became hard to turn because your power steering pump wasn’t working. However, this isn’t your timing belt, this is called a drive belt or serpentine belt. If you would like to have a professional technician replace your drive belt, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can perform this service at your home or office.