Q: Thumping/dribbling sound from brakes

Im hearing what appears to be a thumping or dribbling sound as I apply the brakes, also as I slowly take my foot off of the brake and coast slowly. Please help?

Hi there. The thumping/dribbling sound as you apply the brakes, slowly release the brakes, and coast slowly, may be the brake pads shifting in the caliper support(s). This movement could be the result of warped brake rotors, ie; lateral runout or parallelism. Poorly fitted brake pads and/or failed brake hardware could also create the movement.

Anytime you have a braking concern with your vehicle, it would be advisable to have the braking system inspected. Your safety is priority one! I recommend your vehicle’s thumping/dribbling brakes be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.