Q: Throttle delayed at high rpms

Hi. This is my first time posting on a site like this so bear with me. A while ago I replaced my alternator and ever since then if I take my foot off the throttle above 3000 rpms and step on it again it sounds like it wants to accelerate but there is a few seconds delay before any noticeable power is produced. Sometimes the power doesn't come at all. I passed someone today and tge acceleration was pathetic. Below 3000 rpms it seems to have normal throttle response. Any idea what this could be.

A: I’m curious if your Check Engine Light on. ...

I’m curious if your Check Engine Light on. It sounds like there may be an issue with either the throttle position sensor offering false readings to the computer or there’s an issue with the reaction of the throttle plate. There can be carbon buildup inside the throttle bore causing the throttle plate stick a little especially when the plate slams shut then you try to open it again. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider hiring an experienced technician like the mobile experts we have here at YourMechanic for a proper diagnosis of your loss of power.