Q: There is heavy black smoke during driving.

Heavy black smoke during driving

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Heavy black smoke is usually a sign of a rich fuel condition present in your car’s engine. When this happens, the motor is receiving more fuel than it can otherwise burn during the regular combustion cycle. This excess fuel is sent out the exhaust in the form of black smoke as you have experienced. This can happen for many reasons such as a faulty mass air flow sensor, which is what monitors the air intake signaling the ECU to provide more or less fuel.

This may also be the result of a leaking fuel injector that is leaking too much fuel into the motor at once. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is emitting smoke.

3. There is heavy black smoke during driving.