Q: The engine stalls under acceleration

When I get on the gas. The motor cuts off an stalls. The check engine light blinks Then doesn't come on. Somtimes when I plug my accessport in it does not come on. There is also a orange light comes on under the gas gauge. Then it won't start but if I leave the key on in 5 minutes. I can start the car again. But as soon as I give it gas it shutters then stalls. There is no code coming up when the accessport does work.

A: This may be a sign of a failing throttle po...

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot's position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. There are circumstances that could occur with a failing throttle position sensor that may not set a trouble code. One of the most common symptoms of a failing TPS would be a tip-in hesitation or stumble when you apply throttle to take off from a stop. This can be caused by a dead spot in the TP sensor’s internal circuitry, which usually causes the output voltage signal to not change (or it drops out) when the throttle opens. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your throttle control system.