Q: Making a ticking noise as I drive and in park at idle

My 2011 Acura TL sh awd car is making a ticking noise as I accelerate and it's at idle

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Without hearing the noise, it’s impossible to say what it is, But I’m going to suggest that you may have a valve noise because that is a sound that most people describe as "ticking" It’s is a regular sound that speeds up with the engine, but doesn’t change in intensity or tone. I’t usually a sign of a need for a valve adjustment or work on the hydraulic lifters. But before you go out shopping for prices, you need to have someone who is familiar with your type of car listen to your noise. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office to diagnose the problem and tell you what steps you need to take

3. Making a ticking noise as I drive and in park at idle